Friday, January 30, 2009

Pre-registering @ The Hospital and Tours

This evening Jeff and I decided to pre-register at the hospital that we will be delivering Aylin at. This way when show up at the hospital all we have to do is check in at the front desk and they already have all of our information. Saves a little time on the front end when you've got a frazzled mommy & daddy to be shooting through the front doors of the hospital! :) 

As well while we were there we toured the Maternity and Nursery area. I was very impressed with the facilities. Very nice large relaxed labor and delivery rooms. They showed us the monitors that they would use on my tummy to monitor contractions and Aylin's heartbeat. She also showed us how the bed worked and "comes apart" so that you have a mostly normal bed until it comes time for pushing, at which time the bottom portion comes away and underneith there are stirrups. Also a very nice bathroom and shower in the room. There is also a TV and DVD player in the room (although the nurse said don't count on the DVD player to work...)

The recovery room is a bit smaller and not quite as homey, but still very nice. The nurse said that the bed is a much more comfortable bed. There is a larger TV in the recovery room, and also a bathroom and shower in the room.

Then for the Nursery. The nurse explained to us how there would be a warmer unit in the delivery room and showed us how it works, and what all they do with the baby in the room. Then once the baby is moved to the nursery she remains in the same warmer unit and she explained what procedures they follow with the baby there. While we were touring there was a precious little baby boy in the nursery. Seeing the little guy in there just kind of brought everything into focus for me. 

I feel a lot better now knowing what we're going into as far as the hospital goes. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I like to have a plan or at least know what I am going into. I feel that at least for now I know as much as I can and am as prepared as I can be for the BIG DAY! I'm sure that there are plenty of things that I haven't thought about, or things that I have NO idea how they will effect me. But I'll save those worries for another day. For now, I am feeling very at ease with the situation, and what we are walking into. We are both very excited, and I for one am anxious to meet our little baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment