Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lucid dreaming, adoption and snark

So Teena asked me this morning, "What's this movie, Inception, that everyone's talking about?"

"I don't know. Don't care." I'm kinda snarky about what I perceive to be overly-hyped pop culture BS, as many of you will already know. Actually, I could just end that sentence after "snarky" and be just as accurate.

I told her that as far as I understood, it had something to do with lucid dreaming, the concepts of which we talked about briefly. That discussion led to us talking about a dream I had the other night, and how it never seemed to me that lucid dreaming is that big a deal, in that I've always interacted with my dreams. I always just figured everyone did. Judging by the response to "Inception", I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, Teena then told me she'd had an interesting dream last night, in which we adopted a 3-yr old red-headed Mennonite boy who'd been orphaned by a house fire…

That's an awful lot of detail, eh? The snark continued, of course, from there. But perhaps my response is best left offline.

1 comment:

  1. I rarely ever have any sort of dream that I would consider to be lucid in the sense of intensive interaction, construction, multi-scened, etc. As far as the movie goes, it was worth seeing in the theater, as was Salt...pretty good summer for action-packed thrillers, really. :)

    ReplyDelete